Earth is home to more than 20,000 bee species, from fluorescent-colored orchid bees and sweat bees to flower-nesting squash bees and leaf-cutter bees. This book takes an incomparable look at this astounding diversity, blending an engaging narrative with practical, hands-on discussions of such topics as beekeeping and bee health. It explores our relationship with the bee over evolutionary time, delving into how it came to be, where it stands today, and what the future holds for humanity and bees alike.
- Provides an accessible, illustrated look at the human-bee relationship over time
- Features a section on beekeeping and handy go-to guides to the identification, prevention, and treatment of honey bee diseases
- Covers bee evolution, ecology, genetics, and physiology
- Includes a directory of notable bee species
- Presents a holistic approach to bee health, including organic and integrated pest management technique
- Shows what you can do to help bee populations
Get the book now!! The Bee: A Natural History