Saturday, September 29, 10:00 AM
There will be a honey extraction workshop on September 29 at 10:00 AM at the Hanson. clubhouse. Everyone is welcome to observe but club members who are extracting are asked to please observe the following rules:
1. If you want to do an extraction you must call John Phillips at 781-293-2297 and TALK TO HIM. So leave your name and number if he does not answer. Only those who have spoken with him will permitted to extract.
2. You must bring a enough food grade buckets to accommodate the amount of honey that you will be extracting. A 5 gallon bucket should almost be enough for 2 supers. So if you plan to extract 2 or 3 full supers bring at least 2 5 gallon buckets.
3. You must also bring a bucket to put your uncappings in. This bucket can be smaller.
4. There is no time for filtering so don’t bring any filtering equipment. Since there will be no filtering you probably don’t want to bring the bucket that has the honey gate on it because that is the one that you will want to filter into when you get home.
5. The club only provides a hot uncapping knife so if you want to uncap cold you must bring your own uncapping knife.
6. Participants are expected to help with the cleanup or to help out in some other way if you can not stay after you extract.
Hanson Clubhouse ~ Map -> 228 High St Hanson, MA 02341